Here are some things to consider when buying homeowners insurance
1. Make a proper research to choose the insurer. Ask friends, family, check the yellow pages or contact the state insurance department. It will take some time but could save a good sum of money.
2. Before choosing a policy, it is essential to establish the home replacement cost. A local builder can provide the best estimate cost.
3. Research the insurers record for claims service and its financial stability.
4. There are several insurance policies. One must do comparison shopping.
5. Demand discounts from the insurer. And choose the policy that proves to be cost effective.
6. Most homeowners insurance agents provide flood insurance also. It is required in the area with high level risk. But even if it is not it is worthwhile to get the coverage.
7. Idea of fair compensation may not match with the insurer. His job is to restore only financially.
8. Keep the policy updated and reread it before filing a claim.